Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Who Would Love You Enough?

I had the very great pleasure for a short amount of time to be a part of Darylynn's My Homework group.  I am not a poem writer.  Not even sure this is a poem. Winking But for the Valentine's homework assignment I needed to write something about love, to pay tribute to someone dear to me.

When I tried to decide who I would write about for this assignment, an idea came to mind and stayed. I thought perhaps I would write about my grandmother who I miss so much and had so many fun adventures with, or my husband who I adore, but when it came time to decide my original thought remained.  So I jotted down some things and this is what I ended up with.

 

Who Would Love You Enough?

 

Who would love you enough . . .
to woo you with relentless pursuit
and yet never force his way into your life?

 

Who would love you enough . . .
to keep every single promise he's ever made,
and be quick to forgive every one you break?


Who would love you enough . . .
to think of you more times in a day than
the number of grains of sand on every beach?


Who would love you enough . . .
to want to take your hurts onto himself,
to carry your burdens, to cry when you cry,
to go so far as to keep your tears in a bottle?


Who would love you enough . . .
to remain faithful even when you are not?
to love you unconditionally, no matter the offense
still want you every time you leave,
every time you turn your back,
every time you fail?


Who would love you enough . . .
to come after you time and time again
even when you feel you don't deserve it?
to love you no more or no less according
to how much you love or do in return?


Who would love you enough . . .
to go to the length, breadth, height, and depth
it would take to actually die in your place?


after all of this . . .
who would love you enough to let you choose
whether or not you want Him?

 

John 3:16
tsohgraphics

 

written for His Praise, to share the wondrous and limitless,
endless love of my Savior

 

tsohgraphics


You keep track of all my sorrows.
You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
You have recorded each one in your book. Psalm 56:8


How precious are your thoughts about me, O God!
They are innumerable! I can't even count them;
they outnumber the grains of sand! Psalm 139:17-18


tsohgraphics

 

Copyright © Pam @ tsohgraphics.blogspot.com
Please do not use, copy, or reprint without permission.